Hi my dears! Happy spring! I love book quotes a little too much! Here are some of my favorite short inspirational quotes from books. What does “short” mean? I went back and forth and finally decided to defer to the wisdom of a little blue bird and limited this list to quotes shorter than an old-school tweet.
“Those who donʼt believe in magic will never find it”.
– The Minpins by Roald Dahl.
“Be yourself and people will like you”.
– Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney.
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not”.
– Autumn Leaves by Andre Gide.
“Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human”.
– Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.
“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time”.
– Phrynette Married by Marthe Troly-Curtin.
“When you canʼt find someone to follow, you have to find a way to lead by example”.
– Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay.
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye”.
– The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
“The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt”.
– The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath by Sylvia Plath.
“Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst, and unsurprised by anything in between”.
– I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou.
“It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them”.
– An Autobiography by Agatha Christie.
“And, now that you donʼt have to be perfect you can be good”.
– East of Eden by John Steinbeck.
“We all require devotion to something more than ourselves for our lives to be endurable”.
– Being Mortal by Atul Gawande.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise”.
– Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.
“You are your best thing”.
– Beloved by Toni Morrison.
Prepared by Dilnavoz NAJIMOVA